28 August, 2006

Fears and Faith
Chicago, IL, USA
(back-dated post #1, written on the afternoon before i boarded the plane for India)

This is really (finally?) happening. Denial is no longer an option. I now find myself face-to-face with the facts of a trip that will last for more than a day, and a year in India. My feelings right now are pretty much indecipherable. I'm excited. I'm afraid. I'm curious. I'm anxious. I'm lonely.
I know that what I'm doing is good, that it's right for this time in my life, that it's amazing. I'm doing something that very few people ever really get to do-- I'm living out what I really believe to be God's call for me.
But I can't help but wonder-- am i good enough? smart enough? brave enough? strong enough? am i enough??
Will I be able to deal with the doubt? the loneliness? the isolation? All I have right now are these questions, doubts, and fears.
I guess I just have to have faith, and trust that God knows what he's doing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home